Can I empty a waste toner box?
Pull out the plastic pegs that hold the toner container to the cartridge case and separate the case and container. Unscrew the two screws holding the plate onto the toner container. Hold the cartridge with two hands inside the plastic bag. Turn the cartridge over and carefully empty the waste toner into the bag.
What can I do with a full waste toner container?
How to Dispose of Waste Toner
- Remove the used toner cartridge from the printer and set it aside. …
- Look inside the box for a prepaid return label. …
- Place the used toner in the box and tape the box shut. …
- Call the toll-free number for the appropriate carrier to arrange a free pickup.
Are toner waste containers recyclable?
Electronics, Toner Cartridges, Batteries, Small Appliances, and other Hazardous Materials. Electronics, hazardous, and universal waste are non-recyclable and are to be disposed in ways other than to the trash can. … Refer to CalRecycle’s Hazardous Waste page to see all wastes banned from the trash in California.
Is toner waste hazardous?
Most used or unneeded printer/toner/inkjet cartridges are not regulated as hazardous waste, but should be recycled. The best way to recycle these cartridges is to send them back to the manufacturer.
How do I empty my toner waste container brother?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Turn off the printer power switch.
- Fully open the top cover by lifting up on the handle (1).
- Take out all the drum unit and toner cartridge assemblies. …
- Hold the green handle of the belt unit and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out. …
- Remove the orange packing material and discard it.
How do I dispose of toner waste container Xerox?
Full toner waste containers are not recyclable. Please dispose of these as you would any normal waste. Xerox copier drums and fusers are recovered and refurbished by our local technicians. Please call our service department at 877-459-0777 to arrange for pickup.
Can you put empty toner cartridges in the bin?
Many recycling bins take toner cartridges, but you want to make sure beforehand. Otherwise, they’ll just be thrown out. … You can send cartridges to a variety of charities or to your local recycling center. You can also reuse them by having them refilled at a local office supplies store.