What are 5 examples of hazardous waste?
Examples of household hazardous waste include:
- Solvent-based paints.
- Pesticides and other garden chemicals.
- Batteries (for example car, mobile phone or regular household batteries)
- Motor oils (for example from cars or mowers)
- Petrol and kerosene.
- Cleaning and polishing chemicals.
- Swimming pool or spa bath chemicals.
What are the five criteria used to identify hazardous waste?
ignitability • corrosivity • reactivity • toxicity. The regulations explaining these characteristics and the test methods to be used in detecting their presence are found in Part 261, Subpart C.
What do you mean by hazardous waste list its characteristics?
Characteristic hazardous wastes are materials that are known or tested to exhibit one or more of the following hazardous traits:
What are the major types of hazardous waste?
There are 9 classifications with these wastes listed below:
- Class 1: Explosives.
- Class 2: Gases.
- Class 3: Flammable Liquids.
- Class 4: Flammable Solids or Substances.
- Class 5: Oxidizing Substances and Organic Peroxides.
- Class 6: Toxic and Infectious Substances.
- Class 7: Radioactive.
- Class 8: Corrosive Substances.
Which of the following is not characteristics of hazardous waste?
Which of the following is not characteristics of hazardous waste? Explanation: Toxicity, corrosivity, ignitibility and reactivity are the aspects considered in quantification and characterisation of hazardous waste. 4.
What are hazardous examples?
What are examples of a hazard?
|Table 1 Examples of Hazards and Their Effects|
|Workplace Hazard||Example of Hazard||Example of Harm Caused|
|Source of Energy||Electricity||Shock, electrocution|
|Condition||Wet floor||Slips, falls|
|Process||Welding||Metal fume fever|
What are the types of waste?
Types of Waste
- Liquid Waste. Liquid waste includes dirty water, wash water, organic liquids, waste detergents and sometimes rainwater. …
- Solid Rubbish. Solid rubbish includes a large variety of items that may be found in households or commercial locations. …
- Organic Waste. …
- Recyclable Rubbish. …
- Hazardous Waste.