What is global climate factors?
The combination of oceanic and atmospheric circulation drives global climate by redistributing heat and moisture. … Global climate patterns are dynamic: They are continually changing in response to solar radiation, atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations, and other climate forcing factors.
What is the climate factors?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important. Some areas have a much larger range between highest and lowest temperature than other areas.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the major climatic factors?
Major climate factors
- Latitude. The farther north of the equator a place is, the colder its winters are likely to be, and the longer the wintry weather is likely to last. …
- Elevation. …
- Jet streams. …
- Windy or calm conditions. …
- Timing and amount of rainfall. …
- Location of mountain ranges. …
- Influence of water.
What is the meaning of global climate?
Global climate change refers to the average long-term changes over the entire Earth. These include warming temperatures and changes in precipitation, as well as the effects of Earth’s warming, such as: Rising sea levels. Shrinking mountain glaciers.
What are the 7 climate factors?
These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What are the 3 main factors that affect climate?
The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents. The precipitation characteristics of a region are influenced by factors such as proximity to mountain ranges and prevailing winds.
What are the factors that influence climate and weather?
The factors that influence climate are:
- pressure and wind.
- ocean currents.
- mountain barriers.
- land and water distribution [how close to or far from a large body of water]
What are the 6 major controls of the climate of the world?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.