What jobs can you get with an environmental studies degree?
Here is our list of 18 jobs using your environmental science degree:
- Environmental specialist. National average salary: $19.89 per hour. …
- Environmental technician. …
- Marine biologist. …
- Wildlife biologist. …
- Microbiologist. …
- Microbiology technician. …
- Environmental consultant. …
- Environmental scientist.
Careers with an environmental science degree include environmental scientist and specialist, environmental engineer, and environmental lawyer. Students often choose a specialization within environmental science, such as atmospheric science or ecology, which helps determine their career path.
What are environmental jobs?
Environmental Careers That Help the Planet
- Conservation Scientist and Forester. …
- Energy Auditor. …
- Environmental Engineer. …
- Environmental Lawyer. …
- Environment Protection Technician. …
- Environmental Scientist. …
- Hydrologist. …
- Landscape Architect.
What are 10 careers in geography?
- Commercial/residential surveyor.
- Environmental consultant.
- Geographical information systems officer.
- Planning and development surveyor.
- Secondary school teacher.
- Social researcher.
- Town planner.
What is an environmental studies major?
Environmental studies connects principles from the physical sciences, commerce/economics, the humanities, and social sciences to address complex contemporary environmental issues. It is a broad field of study that includes the natural environment, the built environment, and the relationship between them.
What do you do in environmental science?
Collect and compile environmental data from samples of air, soil, water, food, and other materials for scientific analysis. Analyze samples, surveys, and other information to identify and assess threats to the environment. Develop plans to prevent, control, or fix environmental problems, such as land or water pollution.
What do u mean by environmental studies?
Environmental studies are the scientific study of the environmental system and the status of its inherent or induced changes on organisms. It includes not only the study of physical and biological characters of the environment but also the social and cultural factors and the impact of man on environment.
What are green careers?
A green career can be any occupation that is affected by activities such as conserving energy, developing alternative energy, reducing pollution, or recycling.
How do I choose a career?
Guide: How to Choose a Career
- Perform a self-assessment.
- Identify your must-haves.
- Make a list of jobs to explore.
- Research jobs and employers.
- Get training (if you need it) and update your resume.
- Find and apply for jobs.
- Continue growing and learning.