What are the 6 elements of solid waste management system?
The activities involved in the solid waste management have grouped into six functional elements:
- Waste generation.
- On-site handling, storage and processing.
- Transfer and transport.
- Processing and recovery.
Which is the fifth functional element of SWM system?
5. Processing and recovery: Those techniques, equipment and facilities used both to improve the efficiency of the other functional elements and to recover usable materials, conversion products or energy from solid wastes.
What is the Ecological Solid Waste Management?
ECOLOGICAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT refers to the systematic administration of activities which provide for segregation at source, segregated transportation, storage, transfer, processing, treatment, and disposal of solid waste and all other waste management activities which do not harm the environment.
What is Ecological solid waste management Act 2000?
Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000
The Act provides for a comprehensive ecological solid waste management program by creating the necessary institutional mechanisms and incentives, appropriating funds, declaring certain acts prohibited, and providing penalties.
What are the categories of solid waste?
Types of Solid Wastes
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Construction and Demolition Debris.
- Industrial/Commercial Waste.
- Hazardous Waste Lamps.
- Regulated Medical Waste.
- Used Electronic Equipment.
- Used Oil.
- Waste Tires.