What is an effect of a monsoon?
Monsoons can have both negative and positive effects. Flooding caused by monsoon rains can destroy property and crops (SF Fig. 3.2 C). However, seasonal monsoon rains can also provide freshwater for drinking and crop irrigation.
How do monsoons affect the climate?
Monsoons always blow from cold to warm regions. The summer monsoon and the winter monsoon determine the climate for most of India and Southeast Asia. The summer monsoon is associated with heavy rainfall. … The summer monsoon brings a humid climate and torrential rainfall to these areas.
What are the main characteristics of monsoon?
Characteristics of monsoon
- Monsoon is the seasonal reversal of wind especially seen in the tropical regions of Earth.
- Monsoons are the heavy rains during the rainy season, usually from June to September. …
- There are large scale sea or ocean breezes during the monsoons.
- The monsoons usually arrive after the summer season.
What are the two main features of tropical monsoon climate?
Main characteristic features of the tropical monsoon type of climate are:
- In tropical monsoon type of climate, there are two dry seasons with low rainfall. …
- There is a distinct rainy season with very high rainfall. …
- Rainfall in the tropical monsoon climate is seasonal in nature and is often irregular and uneven.
What is the most important feature of the tropical monsoon type of climate?
The most important feature of the tropical monsoon type of climate is alternation of Seasons.
What is the difference between monsoon and climate explain?
The primary difference between a tropical monsoon climate and a tropical rainforest is the annual precipitation. Rainforests have above average precipitation year-round while tropical monsoons have rainy seasons. … Both climates require access to coastlines with exposure to trade winds.
Is monsoon responsible for rain the world over?
Yes, Monsoons are seasonal winds that bring moist air from oceans and seas over the land. The winds are in the reverse direction of flow from the non-monsoon season and can generate copious precipitation or rains. In all countries of the world, monsoon seasons occur.