What 3 things does climate include?
The simplest way to describe climate is to look at average temperature and precipitation over time. Other useful elements for describing climate include the type and the timing of precipitation, amount of sunshine, average wind speeds and directions, number of days above freezing, weather extremes, and local geography.
What are the factors that influence climate and weather?
The factors that influence climate are:
- pressure and wind.
- ocean currents.
- mountain barriers.
- land and water distribution [how close to or far from a large body of water]
What are the 5 factors affecting climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What factors affect the climate of a place?
The climate of any particular place is influenced by a host of interacting factors. These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
Which factor has the most influence on Earth’s climate?
On the surface, the greatest factor affecting Earth is sunlight. Sun provides energy for living organisms, and it drives our planet’s weather and climate by creating temperature gradients in the atmosphere and oceans.
What three factors combine to create local weather conditions?
The three main factors of weather are light (solar radiation), water (moisture) and temperature.
What are the 4 factors that cause climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.