What are the plant indicators?
In other words, plants which indicate some very specific conditions of environment are called plant indicators. The knowledge of relationship between plants and ecological factors can be used as an indicator of environment. … Many plants also indicate the presence of particular mineral or metal.
What is indicator plant with example?
indicator species, organism—often a microorganism or a plant—that serves as a measure of the environmental conditions that exist in a given locale. For example, greasewood indicates saline soil; mosses often indicate acid soil. Tubifex worms indicate oxygen-poor and stagnant water unfit to drink.
What are the 5 environmental indicators?
Five important global-scale environmental indicators are biological diversity, food production, average global surface temperature and atmospheric CO concentrations, human population, and resource depletion.
What are the type of indicators?
Type of indicators
- Input indicators. These indicators refer to the resources needed for the implementation of an activity or intervention. …
- Process and output indicators. Process indicators refer to indicators to measure whether planned activities took place. …
- Outcome indicators. …
- Impact indicators.
What are the three types of indicator?
All indicators fall into one of three categories:
- Leading indicators are considered to point toward future events.
- Lagging indicators are seen as confirming a pattern that is in progress.
- Coincident indicators occur in real-time and clarify the state of the economy.
What are the 4 environmental indicators?
biological diversity, food production, average global surface temperature and carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere, human population, and resource depletion. These key environmental indicators help us analyze the health of the planet.
What are environmental indicators quizlet?
Environmental Indicators. An indicator that describes the current state of an environmental system.